An Evening to Restore Dignity
May 17, 2018
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Bodega at Barrio
65 W. Kinzie St.
(Clark & Kinzie)
An Evening to Restore Dignity Guest Speaker Dr. Itengré Ouédraogo with a patient at our first fistula camp in Burkina Faso November of 2017. Dr. Ouédraogo is the former Chief Medical Officer at Danja Fistula Center and will present on our developing programs in Burkina Faso at the May event in Chicago.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Wendy J. Weiser
Lewis and Helen Wall
View the Event Gallery
Worldwide Fistula Fund hosted its third annual An Evening to Restore Dignity fundraiser in Chicago on May 17, 2018 at Barrio, featuring:
- “Tears for My Sisters” book signing by WFF Founder Dr. Lewis Wall
- NEW: Barrio’s All-Night Churro Bar with a variety of dipping sauces and fun toppings!
- Full bar featuring Barrio’s signature margaritas.
- Passed hors d’oeuvres from a kitchen helmed by “Top Chef” alum Chef Katsuji Tanabe.
- Guest Speaker Dr. Itengré Ouédraogo, who will share exciting developments in Burkina Faso, where we recently launched our holistic services.
- Live music!
Like last year, we had all-night raffle drawings starting at 7 p.m. along with merchandise made by the women and girls we serve. 100% of the evening’s proceeds going to heal and empower women and girls with childbirth injuries in sub-Saharan Africa.