What better defines your values to the next generation than the causes you boldly support during your lifetime, such as the Worldwide Fistula Fund. As you put in place those documents that will tell your life story, please consider a gift to us so that we can continue to have a positive impact on the future women we serve.
A gift to Worldwide Fistula Fund in your will or trust gives you maximum flexibility
- Flexible — Assets remain in your control during your lifetime should you need them. Also, you can make your gift conditional on another event, such as if your spouse does not survive you.
- Easy to arrange — If you don’t already have a will, you should consult legal counsel to prepare a will for you. If you already have a will, a simple amendment (called a codicil) can be used to add a gift to Ocean Conservancy.
- Revocable — A gift designation can be changed in the future.
- Possible tax savings — If your estate is subject to federal estate taxes your gift to Ocean Conservancy will qualify for an estate tax charitable deduction.
Select the type of gift for your will or trust that works best with your estate plan.
There are various types of estate gifts. Determine which works best for you.
- General — for a certain dollar amount — “the sum of $25,000”
- Specific — a particular asset – “1,000 shares of XYZ stock,” or “my real estate located at 1234 Main Street”
- Residual — a gift of the remainder of your estate, after all other distributions and administration expenses have been paid – “fifty percent of the rest of my estate”
- Contingent bequest — under certain conditions – “in the event my spouse does not survive me”
- Unrestricted bequest — where the need is greatest at Ocean Conservancy
- Restricted bequest — for a specific program or initiative (please contact us to ensure your gift will have the desired impact)
Suggested wording for your advisor
Please share this suggested wording with your legal advisor.
I give to Worldwide Fistula Fund, Inc., a Schaumburg, IL non-profit (Tax ID #30-0139210), or its successor, the sum of $___________________, for any purpose as Worldwide Fistula Fund deems appropriate.
I give to Worldwide Fistula Fund., a Schaumburg, IL non-profit (Tax ID #30-0139210), or its successor (the real estate located at __________________ or 1000 shares of XYZ stock), for any purpose as Worldwide Fistula Fund deems appropriate.
I give to Worldwide Fistula Fund., a Schaumburg, IL non-profit (Tax ID #30-0139210), or its successor, ________% of the rest of my estate, for any purpose as Worldwide Fistula Fund deems appropriate.
- If you already have a will or trust, review the documents to determine if any changes in your family or other circumstances warrant revising the document.
- If you wish to add Worldwide Fistula Fund for a gift in your existing will or trust, contact the attorney who drafted the document and request a simple amendment.
- If you don’t have a will or trust, contact an attorney to have these documents prepared. If you don’t know who to contact, seek a recommendation for an estate planning attorney from your local bar association and/or family members, friends, or colleagues at work.
We are here to assist!
If you have questions, please contact Soja Orlowski at 847-264-5971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will consider joining our Legacy Society by pledging a gift today or allowing us to contact you with more information!