Join the fight to end obstetric fistula.
Imagine a childbirth that leaves you incontinent, childless and alone. Now imagine being thrown out of your home by your husband, shunned and ridiculed by your community and forced to live in isolation — to fend for yourself.
You have the power to welcome these outcast women back to the warm embrace of home and community.
Donate online or mail your gift check to:
Worldwide Fistula Fund
1100 Woodfield Road, Suite 350
Schaumburg, IL 60173
View video of what happened to Tsahara or read Harriet’s success story to understand the devastation of obstetric fistula and the transformational power of gifts from donors like you to Worldwide Fistula Fund. Both Tsahara and Harriet are now healed, reunited with their husbands and earning income to support their families thanks to skills learned through WFF.
All donations to Worldwide Fistula Fund are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Your gift, in any amount, will be life-changing for a woman suffering a fistula because it can
- Heal her with fistula repair surgery and rehabilitation.
- Restore her life with counseling, literacy skills and vocational training.
- Prevent her fistula by training African doctors and increasing access to emergency obstetric care.
What you’ve already helped us do:
- 600+ women received life-changing surgery to date
- Built Danja Fistula Center in Niger
- xxx women received vocational skills training to date
- xxx women received community advocacy training to date
- Dedicated Women’s Reintegration Center in Uganda
- Established 1st Ethiopian medical fellowship sub-specialty in urogynecology
- xxx survivor networks maintained with support from WFF
- xxx villages receive prevention education with support from WFF
- xxx women accessed fistula surgery with support from WFF
We’ll keep you updated on our progress in the fight to end obstetric fistula. You’ll receive news of program updates, upcoming events, hear about the good work of our partners and read survivor stories that you made possible.
Help us keep our costs down by allowing us to contact you electronically.
Like our Page and Follow Us
Go to our Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube pages by clicking the icons below:
Start your own online Crowdrise WFF fundraiser and make it easy for your friends to support us.
Forward our Emails
Or, email a link to WFF’s homepage with a personalized message about obstetric fistula and why your friends and colleagues should help. Feel free to use the sample below:
I want to share with you a cause— and an organization — that is important to me.
Obstetric fistula is a devastating childbirth injury that leaves a woman incontinent: leaking urine or feces uncontrollably. Worldwide Fistula Fund (WFF) is a nonprofit global health organization that helps heal girls and women in sub-Saharan Africa who suffer from obstetric fistula. WFF provides life-changing surgery, rehabilitation, support and skills training to help women build new lives and rejoin communities that once shunned them.
I encourage you to learn more about the work of the Worldwide Fistula Fund (online at WorldwideFistulaFund.org) and to consider supporting their cause.
Use our Toolkit
Help the Worldwide Fistula Fund and women with obstetric fistula by spreading the word about the organization and this devastating condition. We are in the process of updating our Advocacy Toolkit, with the latest information, best practices and advice for raising funds for and awareness about obstetric fistula and maternal health.