The WFF needs your financial support to continue our efforts to help women suffering from this devastating condition. Please note that we are a 501(c)3 organization and all of your contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Make a one-time or recurring donation to end obstetric fistula today. Donations also can be made via Paypal. To donate via mail, send checks to; Worldwide Fistula Fund, 1100 E Woodfield Rd, Ste 350, Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA.
What We Use Donated Funds For:
- Providing life-changing surgery and post-operative care for women with obstetric fistula
- Funding the operations of our new fistula hospital in Danja, Niger
- Enabling prevention programs to educate women about fistula and maternal health
- Training African surgeons in maternal health and obstetric care
- Sharing information and knowledge with providers around the world
- Supporting research projects to develop the safest, most cost-effective ways to treat and prevent obstetric fistula
Talk the Talk
- Help the Worldwide Fistula Fund and women with obstetric fistula by spreading the word about the organization and this devastating condition. Students in particular may be interested in our new Activism Toolkit, which offers best practices and advice for raising funds for and awareness about obstetric fistula and maternal health.
- E-mail a link to our page and personalized message about obstetric fistula to your friends and colleagues. Feel free to use the sample below:
I want to share with you an organization — and a cause — that is important to me. The Worldwide Fistula Fund is leading the fight against a horrible condition that million of women are suffering from today: obstetric fistula. Fistula is a hole in a woman’s birth canal that is caused by traumatic childbirth. Without any medical attention during days and days of birthing agony, the woman’s body can rip and cause a constant leaking of bodily fluids (or incontinence). Outcast from society and divorced from their husbands because of the odor, these innocent women are full of shame and fear about a condition they didn’t cause — and can’t fix.
The good news is there is hope. The Worldwide Fistula Fund provides free obstetric fistula repair surgery, rehabilitation and economic opportunities for survivors of obstetric fistula – restoring women’s health, hope and dignity. Active in Ethiopia, Uganda and Niger, the Worldwide Fistula Fund is transforming the lives of women. I encourage you to learn more about the work of the Worldwide Fistula Fund (online at WorldwideFistulaFund.org) and to consider supporting their cause.
- Join us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube by clicking the icons below:
- Start your own online fundraiser to benefit the WFF on Crowdrise.
Tell Your Representatives
Demand that our elected officials address obstetric fistula and maternal health in developing nations: